Hapy Pet Vet Clinic

FAQ for Dog

electric shock

Signs that your dog may have chewed/bitten an electrical cord include collapse on the floor near an electrical cord; difficulty breathing and coughing due to a buildup of fluid in the lungs; drooling; a foul odor from the mouth ulcers inside the mouth affecting the tongue, roof, cheek and gums possibly part of the tongue missing; loss of appetite; and shock.

1. Turn off the power and unplug the cord. If you cannot turn off the power at the source, turn off the power to the house.

IMPORTANT: Do not attempt to free your dog from the cord if the power is on and the cord is still plugged in

2. Check the dog's ABCs, and perform CPR as needed.

Even if you dog or puppy seems to have sustained minimal injury, electrocution can lead to fluid build up in the lungs.


Pet Care From The Heart

Follow us

Copyright © 2022 Happy Pet Veterinary Clinics. All rights reserved.