Hapy Pet Vet Clinic

FAQ for Cat

electric shock

Signs that your cat may have chewed/bitten an electrical cord include collapse on the floor near an electrical cord difficulty breathing and coughing due to a buildup of fluid in the lungs; drooling; a foul odor from the mouth; ulcers inside the mouth affecting the tongue, roof cheek and gums; possibly part of the tongue missing; loss of appetite; and shock.

1. Turn off the power and unplug the cord. If you cannot turn off the power at the source, turn off the power to the house.

IMPORTANT: Do not attempt to free your cat from the cord if the power is on and the cord is still plugged in

2. Check the dog's ABCs, and perform CPR as needed.

3. Take your cat to a veterinary hospital immediately.

Even if your cat or kitten seems to have sustained minimal injury, electrocution can lead to fluid build up in the lungs.

Happy-Pet-logo-White-color

Pet Care From The Heart

Follow us

Copyright © 2022 Happy Pet Veterinary Clinics. All rights reserved.